Sunday 8 September 2013

Craft fair: sneak peeks!

I'm going to be in Abergavenny Art and Craft fair again this Thursday. I'm looking forward to this one more because I know what to expect this time. We have booked a double table as we found that we were very cramped last time. We have 3 main sections to our stall, ceramics, paintings and crocheted goods. I'm also thinking of adding a small section for Christmas themed gifts. I wonder if it's too early but then I'm surprised at how many Christmas things I've already sold online.

I thought I'd give you an idea of what we will have on our stall. So here are a few examples of the ceramics that will be there. (Unless of cause they are bought online first! Website links are at the bottom of the post.)

Ty Siriol Ceramics autumn leaf bowls
My signature piece, the leaf bowls. These are suitably autumn themed.

Ty Siriol Ceramics garden plaque
A ceramic garden plaque for the green fingered member of your family.

Ty Siriol Ceramics novalty heart
'Time to drink Champagne and dance on the table' 

Ty Siriol Ceramics ring dish. Handmade and hand painted.
Ty Siriol's handmade and hand painted ceramic ring dish.

My mother's work is showcased in the Art section of our stall. She's a talented lady so I urge you to check her out. I'm working on trying to convince her to make prints of some of her pieces but she's a stubborn lady! Here, check out some of her work.

Ty Siriol paintings
Wild flowers and butterfly silhouette.
Ty Siriol paintings Chris Powell
Beautiful snowscape in oils.

Ty Siriol paintings, Love birds
Love birds silhouette. My favourite of the silhouette range.
The other section of our shop is the crochet section. We are going to be focusing more on this section at the next fair as autumn is most definitely in the air now. I'll be wearing my gauntlets to keep my fingers warm enough to do some crochet if it's quiet early on.

Ty Siriol wraps and shawls
A ripple wrap shawl in peacock colours of blues and greens.

Ty Siriol gauntlets and fingerless gloves
Crocodile stitch gauntlets. I'll be wearing mine to keep warm on the stall!

Ty Siriol shawls and wraps
Triangular shawl in grey and white sequinned yarn. Beautifully soft.

Ty Siriol scarves and cowls
Infinity cowl. I have several different colours available. See the Etsy link below.

Ty Siriol scarves and cowls
Ripple scarf in midnight blues.
For those of you who saw me at the last craft fair, the scarf in midnight blue (above) is the one that I was making behind the stall. :-) It would make a fab Christmas gift... if I can bare to part with it!

Talking of Christmas... yes, I know, it is early but as I said above I've been getting Christmas orders for some time now. So here are a few Christmas things that will be on the stall for the next few months.

Peace, love and joy Christmas hangings by Ty Siriol
Box set of Christmas tree hangings. 'Peace', 'Love' and 'Joy'.

Christmas stockings with hook for hanging.

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, with hook for hanging.

Santa nibbles dish.
So that was a sample of what we have to offer on our stall at the Abergavenny Art and Craft fair this Thursday (2nd Thursday of each month). If you are local and can pop by then please come and say hi. It's always lovely to meet you all in person. 

All this talk of ceramics has reminded me that I have to go and see Kenny (my kiln) and see what delights (or disasters) he holds for me today. It's like Christmas all year round with Kenny! :-) 

Thank you for reading my blog.
Cath xx

www.facebook.com/TySiriolCeramicsandCrafts
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TySiriolCeramics
 

6 comments:

  1. Good luck - hope it goes well for you :D I'm at a workshop on Thursday but I'll think of you!
    We used to camp in Abergavenny when I was young! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. We'll find a suitable fair for us to meet up one day. I'm sure of it!
      Cath x

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to the show and meeting you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'll look out for you. I'll be the one in a flap setting up! lol
      Cath x

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed reading your blog - you have some lovely things. Good luck at the art and craft far :)

    ReplyDelete