Tuesday 2 February 2016

Scrapbooking *by* beginners.

Hi there folks! I've been reading a lot about scrapbooking on Pinterest (one of my fave places) lately. I love the idea. We already have a rememberlutions jar in the house where we add post-its with all the good things that happen throughout the year so that we can go over them again on New Years Eve. It's worked well... but... there are no photos and I LOVE photos! So we decided to have a go at scrapbooking as a way of combining our memories, photo albums and journals.

I have been looking around for some nice scrapbooks and I'm amazed firstly at how much they cost in a hobby shop. As I have no idea what I'm doing I didn't feel I could quite stretch that far just yet. Maybe, later on when I'm a seasoned scrapbooker. Is that a word?

So I kept an eye out for a few weeks while the idea was ruminating and then Mr TS found 2 beautiful handmade books in a charity shop of all places! I really can't imagine why anyone would ever want to part with these.

Aren't they lovely. They appear to be made from bamboo strips and leaves with the binding fastened with a twig. I absolutely love them. 


Naturally Missy had to have one of them! I was thinking of her when I got the idea to scrap book. She's going through an awful lot of crap at the moment and it'll be good for her to have a book to hand that she can put her happy memories and time with friends in to look back over when she's feeling blue.

Here's mine and Mr TS's first attempts at scrapbooking. Don't laugh, it's a work in progress and I think that once we get into our groove we'll become more creative. 



I did have a go at making mini-bunting with washi tape (my new favourite play thing) and I raided Missy's craft box for other bits and bobs. I'll be on the look out for pretty things now to decorate more pages with.

So there you have it, scrapbooking by a complete novice! It is fun and I do love sticking things with glue. (Some things you never out grow!) Hopefully this will become a new thing for us as a family and I will have new (and improved) pages for you to see. Until then, thanks for reading.

Cath xx

www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TySiriolCeramics
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TySiriolCrafts
www.facebook.com/TySiriolCeramicsandCrafts
G+: http://ht.ly/UvPxX
Twitter: @tysiriolceramic
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/tysiriol/

No comments:

Post a Comment